The culmination of many years of research, observation, and study, the The New Stokes Field Guide to Birds, Eastern Region is factually, visually, and organizationally superior to any other photographic field guide available.
* the newest scientific and common names and phylogenetic order
* special help for identifying birds in flight through important clues of behavior, plumage, and shape
* detailed descriptions of songs and calls
* important behavioral information and key habitat preferences
* the newest range maps, detailing species’ winter, summer, year-round ranges, and migration routes
Whether you are a novice or experienced birder, this new Stokes guide will take your birding to the next level.
• The Stokes Field Guide to the Birds of North America has 80,000 copies in print.
• Donald and Lillian Stokes, considered America’s “first family of birding,” are widely recognized as the country’s preeminent experts on birds and nature.
• Perfect for field use, these guides are compact yet each still boasts more than 2,000 photographs and detailed information on hundreds of species.
Paper, 496 pages, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches, full-color photographs, range maps, tab index.