The Calls of Frogs and Toads is a superb collection of field recordings and descriptions offers unparalleled access to the sounds and calls of numerous popular and less well-known frogs and toads. The book and CD provides an introduction to the sound repertoire of species living in eastern and central North America. A variety of calls from each species are included, along with an in-depth description and explanation of their significance. In addition to color photographs of the most common species, the text offers a fascinating look at the science of amphibian calls, making these guides indispensable aids for the outdoor enthusiast.
• Book includes an hour-long CD with sounds for over 35 species
• How to identify species by ear
• Text provides helpful mnemonics for each sound
• When and how each call is used
• Information on physical characteristics and life history of each species
Softcover book plus audio CD; 72 pages, 6×8 inches; full-color photographs.