The popularity of Celestron’s previous short tube refractor models inspired the introduction of the Celestron NexStar 102SLT Computerized Telescope. You’ll find that astronomical viewing is a delight with this large, powerful 4″ telescope. The 102 SLT offers a 63% increase in image brightness over 80mm models. This short-tube telescope with a fast f/6 optical system gives images that are bright and crisp. And the 102 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects! With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 102 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. The SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze.
Because of its wide 1.7 ° field of view, the NexStar 102 SLT is optimal for scanning large areas of the sky and for superb terrestrial (land) viewing. A wonderful entry to mid-level astronomical scope, with the use of the erect image diagonal, the 102 SLT can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
- High quality 102mm (4″) refractor telescope with multi-coated glass optics. 212x more light gathering power than the human eye.
- Computerized hand control with 40,000+ objecs in its database and motorized altazimuth mount
- Special set of 5 eyepieces allowing you to view objects up to 250 times closer than the naked eye
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no-tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Includes erect image diagonal for great terrestrial observing
- Includes TheSkyX First Light Edition Astronomy Software, which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
- Requires 8 AA batteries (not included)